Saturday, November 15, 2008

Journal #4: My favorite sport

Name:Lewis
Date: Nov 15th 2008
Class:420W

Whenever I face this question about my favorite sport, my answer is always the same: basketball. It has been with me for about seven years and I hope I can keep this habit as long as possible.
It is said that afternoon is the best time for exercise, so when I am available in the afternoon, I will put on my basketball shoes and clothes and go to the basketball square to play it. There are several reasons why I love basketball. First of all, it’s easy to do, unlike other sport which requires a lot to learn, basketball doesn’t demand much skill, generally speaking, people try their best to put the ball into the basket, which is enough. Second, I can make a lot of friends through this game, another way to say is that “no basketball, no friends.” Finally, basketball is really good exercise for mental relaxation, after playing for about 30 minutes, I will reach a point where all my troubles and pressure seem to disappear. When game’s over, physically I am a little tired, but psychologically I feel refreshed. So basketball means the “hope” to me.
All in all, basketball is not merely my favorite sport; it has become a significant part of my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I amlost see another Charles Wade Barkley。But do not give up just because your weight.You still have a long way to go. Tomorrow never dies.

Eilidh said...

It is great that you ahve a favourite sport which helps you to forget your troubles for some time and which also helps you physically. You have listed some good reasons why this is your favourite sport, and I like that you have included the fact that it is a great way to make friends!