Saturday, October 18, 2008

Journal 2 : A good idea to learn English

NAME: Sun Mingjun (Lewis)
CLASS:420W
DATE:Oct 18th 2008

Yesterday is a clear day, my cousin and I went to Metrotown which is well-known in Burnaby, Metrotown movie centre, a famous place to enjoy movie from all over the world, not only provides a comfortable atmosphere, but also give me a opportunity to learn English. To my satisfaction, I found it is so benefit that I can make great progress in watching English movie. So we know, movies in my country only use translate language and if one movie uses original language, you also can see some translation sheets in the bottom. However, in Metrotown movie centre, all the movies are English original edition and no sheets everywhere, thus these movies give me such a good chance to learn English because with the story’s moving, I must listen clearly to follow the story, unconsciously, I get some progress in listening. All in all, I believe this is really a good idea to learn English, please trust me!

1 comment:

Eilidh said...

I agree that watching movies is a good way to practice English - have you ever tried just listening to the dialogue and not watching what the actors is doing? it is a good exercise as it shos you how much we rely on our eyes to help us with our listening skills!